The Commerce Association is an association of all Commerce Students and Teachers, formed by Department of Commerce in the year 2008. The association was formed to conduct various skill-based and career development activities concerned with overall skill enhancement of the students mainly in the field of commerce. All programmes and activities undertaken by the association are managed by Faculties and Students together under the able guidance of Principal Dr. Sridhara Shetty. It provides a platform to the students both intra and intercollege to exhibit their talents in various commerce and research-oriented events and activities. Some of the major events organized by the association are Career Guidance in Banking and Insurance Sectors, Career Guidance on UPSC Examinations, Students Research Convention, competitions such as Rangoli, Poster making etc. where the theme of such competitions is based on broad areas of Commerce.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION:
- To promote the research activities among faculties and students.
- To organize various skill-based events to enhance the knowledge potential of students.
- To inculcate leadership qualities among students by making them as in charges of various activities.
- To develop entrepreneurial skills among the students.
List of Members
- Prof. Sahana Raviprasad - In-charge.
- Prof. John Menezes - Member
- Prof. Niveditha Shetty - Member
- Prof. Prachi Agarwal - Member
- Prof. Vijay Vishwakarma - Member
- Prof. Hameed Khan - Member