The IT Association of Department of Information Technology is a forum to bring together innovative ideas in the various technical areas. It is a committee comprising of students who organize various events in the field of IT & Computer Science. The inaugural function of the association included activities like E-Book drive, Intercollegiate IT event, guest lectures, and release of annual departmental magazine of Digital Minds along with various events. Digital Minds is technology review magazine where the students share their knowledge of latest updates about technology. The IT Association organises several activities like inter collegiate events and guest lecture from industry experts for the students to understand the practical aspects of the subject.
What is IT Association?
- The IT Association of Department of Information Technology is a forum to bring together innovative ideas in the various technical areas.
- It is a committee comprising of students who organize various events in the field of IT and Computer Science. The inaugural function of the association included activities like E-Book drive, Intercollegiate IT event, guest lectures, and release of annual departmental magazine of Digital Minds along with various events.
- Digital Minds is technology review magazine where the students share their knowledge of latest updates about technology.
- The IT Association organises several activities like inter collegiate events and guest lecture from industry experts for the students to understand the practical aspects of the subject.
- There are a lot of events that happen in IT Association.
- Few of them are Technopedia (Cover Page Design), Graphica (Wallpaper Design), Let’s Get Quizzicle (Quiz Contest), etc.
- Taking into consideration the vision and mission of the college, the IT Association organizes various events, seminars, etc. to encourage the students to achieve these skills in all required ways in a cheerful & friendly atmosphere.
- To function as an effective and efficient association, with strong communication links to and from members and a well-run, proficient and dedicated team.
- To develop professional and leadership skills of students by involving them in the association.
- By keeping quiz contest, to encourage students to look beyond their textual knowledge and establish a relationship between theory and application of the learnt concepts.
- By keeping various designing events, to motivate students and help them to develop their creative skills.
- Dr. Tushar Sambare
- Prof. Sheetal Khanore
- Prof. Mithilesh Chauhan
- Prof. Raveena Shetty
- Prof. Nabila Kazi
- Prof. Disha Roshan Bhakta
- Male Representative – Ritesh Singh, Female Representative – Janvi Pednekar
- Technical – Omkar More, Abhijeet Patil
- Documentation – Khushdeep Kaur Pawar, Beulah Sundararajan
- Public Relation Officers – Shubham Durgavali, Pavitra Shetty
- Photography Head – Pankaj Pal
- Graphic Designers – Karan Singh, Siddhesh Ianjekar
- Event Coordinators – Asher Mikhayel, Shrinav Shyam, Aanam Mulla
Roles and Responsibilites:
1. IT Association Student Representative
- To give logical end to the event planned.
- Work with the team and help to collaborate and coordinate.
- Responsible to complete the event and solve if any issues also to act as a catalyst.
2. Event coordinator
- To plan, organize, manage and coordinate various types of events with team executing them successfully.
- Plan, schedule and organize time slots and speakers at events.
- Handle, coordinate and oversee all event operations.
- Track the overall event expenses if any.
- Carefully supervise event preparation activities.
- Offer solutions to resolve event issues in a timely manner.
- Analyse and evaluate the event outcomes that is participations event wise.
- Create and submit event wise reports timely to documentation leads.
3. Graphic designer
- To design or create posters, websites, logos, brochures, magazines and many other materials to communicate ideas and information visually for the events.
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Coordinating with the event coordinator and team for design requirements.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Communicating with the event coordinator about layout and design.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for illustrations, logos, and brochures with different graphic software such as photo shop.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
- Setting up photographic equipment and take pictures from a correct angle.
- Editing and Re-touching images.
- Determine desired images and picture composition and adjust equipment to achieve desired effects and image quality.
- Submit sets of photographs to select the best ones.
5. Public relation officer
- Create innovative event wise media plans using media platforms such as advertising on social media, billboards.
- Collaborate with teams such as Graphic designers and Event heads to create promotional content.
- Write, edit and review all social media content.
- Handle any PR related issue that may arise.
- Maintain good relationships and communication with team members.
- Organize PR activations to promote the IT Association activities.
- Focus on marketing the events through social media platforms and get good participation.
- Regularly submit PR activity reports to the Event Coordinator and Student Representatives.
6. Documentation team
- Handling over all responsibilities to make the document and store it appropriately.
- The documents have to be created for every event following the cycle which starts with the Approval form, Minutes of meeting, Work distribution, Poster, Brochure, Response sheet / feedback analysis, Action Taken Report, Report, Thank you letter.
7. Technical team
- To handle all the technical details which could include creating the forms to managing the smooth functioning of all the soft version requirements of the event.